“We are deemed experts in the field of construction disputes recognized by the Ontario Superior Court of Justice”
Our experts are very knowledgeable in many areas including home inspections, problem solving, and renovation coaching. We also offer advice on how to proceed with construction/renovation disputes. Let our team of experts help you!
Jeff Clarke, CET
President & Owner, Registered Home Inspector
Along with his certified membership in the Ontario Association of Home Inspectors, Jeff Clarke is also a Member of the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists and The Architectural Technologists of Ontario.
Prior to becoming a professional home inspector, Jeff Clarke was a building contractor with 14 years experience in residential building and renovation. He has managed over $5,000,000 (cumulative) of construction projects during that time. Jeff began practicing home inspection in 1985 and since then has performed over 14,000 home inspections in the greater Toronto area.
Jeff Clarke is a past president of the Ontario Association of Home Inspectors and past president of the Canadian Association of Home Inspectors. Jeff is a Registered Home Inspector.
Mr. Clarke’s licenses and certificates in the building and renovation industry include:
- Certificate of Qualification for General Carpentry
- HRAI – Residential Heating and Cooling Load Calculation Certificate
- HRAI – Residential Air System Design Certificate
- Ministry of Housing Certificate – Part 3 – Ontario Building Code
- Ministry of Housing Certificate – Part 9 – Ontario Building Code
- Ministry of Housing Certificate – Legal Processes & Responsibilities
- Municipal Builders – Renovators License (Toronto)
- Provincial Carpenters License (Ontario)
National Certificate Holder
Ed began working in the residential construction industry in 1980. Ed was employed for 14 years by one of the largest property management companies in Canada as a mobile maintenance foreman on their troubleshooting team. During this time Ed maintained systems in many of the largest buildings in Toronto. Since then, Ed has owned and operated a small residential renovating firm which specialized in residential remodeling and maintaining the integrity of older homes. Ed is a former builder/renovator.
- Certificate in Heating and Ventilation Engineering (First Class)
- City and Guilds of London Institute
- Belfast College of Technology, Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Steam Fitter Qualification Designation
- Ministry of Colleges and Universities, Ontario
- Stella Maris Secondary School, Belfast, Northern Ireland
Scope of Experience:
- Office Renovations
- Small additions
- Basement design and build
- Bathroom renovation design and build
- Kitchen renovation design and build
- Deck, fence and porch design and build
In depth knowledge of all aspects of home renovations including structural, electrical, plumbing, heating and mechanical. Special attention given to the renovation and restoration of older Toronto homes to ensure integrity of original design of structure is maintained.
Ed was employed for 14 years by one of the largest property managements companies in Canada as a mobile maintenance foreman on their trouble shooting team. During this time, Ed maintained systems in many of the largest buildings in Toronto. Since then, Ed has owned and operated a small residential renovating firm which specialized in residential remodelling and maintaining the integrity of older homes. Ed is a former builder/renovator.
Ed is in his 10th year working with Baker Street. His licenses and certificates include:
- National Certificate Holder as issued by the Canadian Association of Home and Property Inspectors
- Qualified steam fitter with comprehensive knowledge of plumbing and mechanical systems.
- Certificate in Heating and Ventilation Engineering, City of Guilds of London Institute Diploma in Property Management
- Ontario Association of Home Inspectors Defect Recognition and Reporting course
- Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing, Part 9 – Building Envelope
- Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing, Part 9 – Health and Safety
* Over 5000 inspections performed
* 50 years industry and trade experience
* 16 years management experience in commercial and residential renovations as sole proprietor
* Qualified steam fitter with comprehensive knowledge of plumbing and mechanical systems
Robin Parnell (CBCO) is a retired Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) inspector with forty years of experience. He is Ontario Building Code certified in all aspects of HVAC, and has taught residential heating systems to building inspection staff and home inspection personnel for over 19 years.
Robin has installed, serviced and designed entire residential HVAC systems, so he is uniquely qualified to inspect, assess and report on them. He is a five time nominee for the Michael Ludolph award at the Canadian Association of Home and Property Inspectors (CAHPI) National Conference. Robin holds memberships to both the Ontario Building Officials Association (OBOA) and the Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Institute of Canada (HRAI), and is a friend of the OAHI.